• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Thanks for the info, it’s pretty fascinating how this all works. Most of it is completely invisible to people who aren’t enthusiasts like we are. I didn’t follow it all when the other mustangs went through the process as I had other interests at the time.
Sure. I actually didn't really follow the Mustang much until April 2013, with the current generation. I missed out on the 5th generation entirely, but my passion for these cars did start with the S197 2003 Concept. I pretty much as an enthusiast, play catch up on past, current, and future developments.

A lot of stuff you learn everyday and Lso catch things you previously missed. I personally feel like, I was import fanatic who didn't care much for the Mustang (SN95) in the late 90s and early 2000s, after I developed a taste for cars. In early youth, I did like it because it was a "new" car in the mid-90s.

Ford has really done well improving these vehicles over the past 20 years, that even as a fanatic of British luxury cars and German performance growing up, you cannot go wrong with a Mustang from 2005 to present. Anyone who says otherwise, is a dumb snob in my opinion who doesn’t get the purpose of these vehicles.

The endless gripes about the interior are silly nitpicking, when they are not luxury badged vehicles. When the foreign competition can offer a V8 coupe at this price, with modern amenities and pass regulations, then let me know. So many just don't get it, but luckily this will be the last vehicle of its type standing in 2028.

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Regarding reveal dates, I could see ford teasing or revealing it on April 17 for the mustangs anniversary, or revealing it for the Detroit auto show in September.
Hmm, September.😑 Very convenient for Ford to do that, citing they don't want exposure beyond 9 months. If they did it in April, but held it from sales for 1 year, that's gonna be tricky stuff.

VooDooCatT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550 GT
So we don't have the tri-bar day running lights and taillights? That's not acceptable to me.

fordmustangnerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
So we don't have the tri-bar day running lights and taillights? That's not acceptable to me.
As I've said #NotTheRealHeadlights/Taillights.. I seriously think these are placeholders to throw us off... Again I may be wrong but i highly doubt that these are the main ones... even if they are they are heavily covered so we don't know the final layouts..

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
As I've said #NotTheRealHeadlights/Taillights.. I seriously think these are placeholders to throw us off... Again I may be wrong but i highly doubt that these are the main ones... even if they are they are heavily covered so we don't know the final layouts..
If you look closely at a couple of the photos you can see the tribar separation between the lights under the camouflage.

VooDooCatT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550 GT
Let's hope so! The lights is the only thing they should keep, again, just for me maybe

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
The taillights look like tribars to me…. The bulbs are just lighting up the circular pattern of the cami wrap…

also the lighting of the front tells me those are production units that are just reaaaaaal covered up. Placeholders are always old halogens, these are clearly not that.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
Im glad it looks like they aren’t messing with what works.

I’m mostly curious as to what they’ve done to the roof that they’re working so hard to cover up, and doubly curious on interior improvements.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
C8BB2288-630D-4F1D-9CE6-B46A05C70265.jpeg

This rendering from Autocar back in 2020 actual seems pretty accurate (front end) from what lines you can make out from under the padding.
If it looks like that I’ll put down a payment on Monday 🤣
Sponsored