• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
Looks like the first Atlas Blue, non-HP dark horse we have seen. Thanks for sharing, looks great!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
This really might be the first generation of Mustangs in a long while where I prefer the GT over the more exclusive model aesthetically speaking

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
This really might be the first generation of Mustangs in a long while where I prefer the GT over the more exclusive model aesthetically speaking
I like the design of the front fascia for the Dark Horse, it's just the weird gray plastic under the headlights I'm not a fan of. It would look so much better (and cleaner) if that area was just body colored, IMO.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Anyone notice that there are no sharp humps on the sides of the wing (not the gurney flap)?

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
I prefer the Ecoboost with a lip spoiler ir no spolier over all of them lol...still needs fog lights; too many decades of "the base model doesn't get fog lights and you get a cheap black or gray plastic insert instead to show you cheapened out" in my head to ever overcome that void. . .

But the GT works in that the crappy/chunky gray plastic inserts within the air dams works to match the lame 3+ inches of gray plastic making up the diffuser. Same with the awkward painted black grill matching the painted black hood vents and the awkward piano black headlight inserts. None of it is attractive, but it works and is at least cohesive which makes it all work by default.

The Dark Horse(Dark Horse.....Dark Horse....Dark Horse...Dark Horse..Dark Horse.) is like...dark gray plastic aggression on overkill and way too hokey/12am Wal*Mart parking lot teenager for me to ever personally consider.

I'd likely grab a GT overall and feel like the S650 will 100% lend itself towards darker metallic colors versus the S550 which was a win with lighter colored solids. No lines vs strong lines, etc. There's definitely ways to make the S650 work well, but I have SUCH a feeling that this thing will be a laugher for guys who have zero clue about how to dress a car/match colors/etc and we're going to get some awfully takky stuff rolling around.

Last edited:

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for my 2023 C8 Stingray
The overall design is awesome, but it's really ruined a bit by the unpainted plastic parts. Upper grille, the parts under the headlights, sideskirts and the huge diffusor give the car an unnecessary cheap look.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I prefer the Ecoboost with a lip spoiler ir no spolier over all of them lol...still needs fog lights; too many decades of "the base model doesn't get fog lights and you get a cheap black or gray plastic insert instead to show you cheapened out" in my head to ever overcome that void. . .

But the GT works in that the crappy/chunky gray plastic inserts within the air dams works to match the lame 3+ inches of gray plastic making up the diffuser. Same with the awkward painted black grill matching the painted black hood vents and the awkward piano black headlight inserts. None of it is attractive, but it works and is at least cohesive which makes it all work by default.

The Dark Horse(Dark Horse.....Dark Horse....Dark Horse...Dark Horse..Dark Horse.) is like...dark gray plastic aggression on overkill and way too hokey/12am Wal*Mart parking lot teenager for me to ever personally consider.

I'd likely grab a GT overall and feel like the S650 will 100% lend itself towards darker metallic colors versus the S550 which was a win with lighter colored solids. No lines vs strong lines, etc. There's definitely ways to make the S650 work well, but I have SUCH a feeling that this thing will be a laugher for guys who have zero clue about how to dress a car/match colors/etc and we're going to get some awfully takky stuff rolling around.
Hahaha, “dark horse… dark horse.” Ily 😂

I dunno, this thing pops in person. Doesn’t photo well because the lines aren’t that sharp so it suffers in static media, but trust me, she pops. Super 3D looking. The shapes just exist on a larger scale. I think the fact that the plain-Jane EB looks so good is evidence that the basic canvas is something special. 👍

Edit: the diaper makes the body look slimmer. Really shows on lighter finishes by perking up the ass and stretching it wider, so to speak.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I like the design of the front fascia for the Dark Horse, it's just the weird gray plastic under the headlights I'm not a fan of. It would look so much better (and cleaner) if that area was just body colored, IMO.
I really wish they’d just do another clean sheet redo for the front end. I don’t care for the eye shadow, but it’s the rest of the bumper that looks “weaker” than the GT imo

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I thinkk we all repeat ourselves in this forum, so why not continuing this trend lol

1. The blue color looks nice on the car and would be my choice (if there were more to choose from)
2. Again that plastic gray thing or whatever that is in the front grill, just doesn't grow on me. Body color or glossy black would be the better option.
3. The rear diffusor is too massive. Especially from the look (see picture below) it looks weird. (as if something has been put in after someone forgot the parts). Plus it is all in plastic which makes it look cheap.

1667781531894.png

From the front: The more I see GT's, the more I like it and prefer over the DH. The GT looks more clean, yet aggressive and more modern imo.

1667781598299.png

1667781497962.png

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
I like the GT front, but prefer the Dark Horse. I guess I am an outlier. 🤷‍♂️

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
Anybody know what that little rectangle in the lower grill is for? Some type of sensor I'm guessing? That's another one of the "can't unsee it" problems that I have with these cars. Makes it look like it has a snaggletooth...

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Anybody know what that little rectangle in the lower grill is for? Some type of sensor I'm guessing? That's another one of the "can't unsee it" problems that I have with these cars. Makes it look like it has a snaggletooth...
If it's anything like other makes, it's for the radar for adaptive cruise control. This will likely be optional though. Not all of the GTs I've seen to date have it. May also not be available at all on manual cars.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 02 150, 06 250
I still cannot help but see Charger from the front and camero from the side. And those plastic headlight surrounds. w t h