• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
You were pretty spot on with s550 from what I remember, so I don’t doubt it.

Just hoping against hope I suppose.

You do amazing work, man. So criticism of the leafed photos is in no way criticism of your work at all. Two completely separate things.

I think I can speak for many here if not most or even all when I say that regardless of what I feel about Fords design direction, your renders are the best. Thanks for sharing your work. Great stuff
Thanks!

Most of the folks on these forums are pretty respectful, which I appreciate, and I don't take it personally. There are always good bad angles to pleadingly-designed cars. Seems like leaked and spy pics often happen to be taken at the bad angles.
Sponsored

fordmustangnerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Nice to see ya back Chaz!! I remember stalking the damn threads back in 2013-2014 when you were working on the S550. Always had mad respect for your work.

StangGang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln MKZ Black Label
There are always people unhappy with my renders and they are hoping I'm wrong for as long as I've been doing these renders (almost 20 years; '05 Mustang, '09 Challenger, '15 Mustang, '16 Camaro, '20 Corvette) and I haven't been substantially wrong yet. I've always hoped my renders will soften the "blow" early enough for those in doubt to get alright with the new design language.
Do you mind posting your 2015 rendering ?

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Hey chazcron, great to see you back. Guess it's too late for production-near 3d renderings of you, but this renderings look really like the real deal. Perspektive is a bit distorted based on the picture, it makes the car look a bit bland. I really hope the real car won't have that "lips" around the grille

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
That looks incredible!!! The first base model design I am actually considering! I LOVE that it reminds me of the 80’s Monte Carlo and that it actually looks like a car and not an appliance like most modern cars.

I am glad they shortened the front overhang too!!! The orange GT render render in the other thread looks SICK!

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
not sure what anyone is expecting with this Sept. reveal... but keep those hopes up
I'm hoping for a public spanking of the art department and an emergency 1yr front-end redo ala '19/'20 Camaro. Those headlights are just off a VW and a couple other cars.

Who do they show these cars to, to get buy in? People who buy random CUVs? VW's incredible screwup with GTI v8 interior is so bloody obvious you have to be a complete moron to miss it. What have Ford reviewers missed?

OP's technical ability with rendering tools is impressive. I just hope the inputs are just plain wrong.

Last edited:

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Keep in mind that the leaked image supposedly shows the Ecoboost and not the GT front ;)

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Keep in mind that the leaked image supposedly shows the Ecoboost and not the GT front ;)
so? there hasn't been a lick of difference between EB/GT since S197 days. Has there EVER been a styling difference between the trims based on engine choice beyond the GT350/GT500 discrete models?

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
so? there hasn't been a lick of difference between EB/GT since S197 days. Has there EVER been a styling difference between the trims based on engine choice beyond the GT350/GT500 discrete models?
It was often stated in numerous rumors that the S650 GT will look different than the Ecoboost. Main reason was that fans wanted a stronger distinguishing between the two cars. I like that very much and the “leaked” GT-front will indeed look different although not entirely.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Thank you for the great renders Chazcron!

I don't love the look, but I think it might be accurate. I usually take a while to warm up to new designs, so I may eventually like it. I'm really hoping that Ford will produce something mechanically great. Even if the looks aren't terrific - I'm a buyer if the performance is a nice leap forward.

OCDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150, 2024 Mustang Ecoboost
Thanks for the renderings, especially the white one because that's the color I plan on buying.

Note to self, "after buying it, don't take pictures of it from this same angle."

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
This leak finally got to me. It is so complete i couldn't resist cleaning it up.. I think the ghostly GT front end leak was an early mockup, making this one a better indication of production. There are not enough uncovered spy shots to go on to model the full car, but I am toying with attempting to 3D model the front end in Blender.

OrigM7G.jpg

White-GT-S650-Mustang-M7G.jpg

White-S650-Mustang-M7G.jpg

Grey-GT-S650-Mustang-M7G.jpg

Grey-S650-Mustang-M7G.jpg

Red-GT-S650-Mustang-M7G.jpg

Red-S650-Mustang-M7G.jpg

Blue-GT-S650-Mustang-M7G.jpg

Blue-S650-Mustang-M7G.jpg
Yes, welcome back friend! We missed you! Really hard to come by Intel on S650, as someone high up at Ford has a strongly vested interest in keeping it totally under wraps.

The real mystery like the S550, is the rear. You were the one and only to get that right that back in 2013. No one else, NO ONE ELSE came close! You are that good or good with connections.

It sucks when it idiots more recognition and underserved acclaim for flash in the pan renderings that often prove to wrong, while many times yours fly under the radar on forums. When will they ever learn?

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
The real mystery like the S550, is the rear.
The first prototypes had the diffusor really easy to see, they fixed that with later paddings. But the upper half of the rear is up for everybody to guess.

They really learned with the S550 refresh, nobody was even close to the real front
S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! 1659076483557

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
There are always people unhappy with my renders and they are hoping I'm wrong for as long as I've been doing these renders (almost 20 years; '05 Mustang, '09 Challenger, '15 Mustang, '16 Camaro, '20 Corvette) and I haven't been substantially wrong yet. I've always hoped my renders will soften the "blow" early enough for those in doubt to get alright with the new design language.
Thanks for the great work Chazceron, and your well considered attempt to produce a genuine NON-Idealized render, reflecting as realistic a representation of the S650 as permitted from the very limited imagery available. I usually cant be bothered looking at other Renderers, as they usually indulge in idealized fantasy.

Having said that, I hope Ford produce something much more aerodynamic and sporty than that original leaked image.
Sponsored