• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

[FAKE NEWS] 2024 Mustang S650 price leak or fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustang 810

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP, 2018 Stinger GT2
What options did you get? I was pricing around 57k with a Manual GT Premium w/ the Performance Pack, 401A, Magenride, and Active Exhaust on the Ford builder.
I got 301A, active exhaust, and an automatic. The performance pack was my must have. I didn’t get magneride as I couldn’t find it on a dealer lot in the color I wanted. I realized in order to get exactly what I wanted I would have to build to order. Your price quote sounds pretty good.
Sponsored

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Thank you. I feel like people thought I was nuts for saying 70K ballpark with tax. They just don’t wanna hear that (hell I don’t either).

Yeah, it’s unfortunate…with rates on the rise I’m not sure how this is going to work out for everyone. It’s the same cost as a gt350 and I feel the 350 was a more unique and investment grade car. I’m hoping the DH comes in at the low 60 mark fully loaded but I just don’t see that happening with a Mach fully option already at 70. I’ve never seen a manufacturer go backwards with a new model. It’s highly likely a fully optioned DH at 72+. It’s unfortunate but they are going to be the only ICE muscle car in the game and they will have no problem getting that 🤷🏼‍♂️

With tax, tag, and title you are looking at 74 -77k and at an extreme 84mo 0% interest we are looking at pmnts in the 880+ range monthly and at 3.99% about 1025.00 ish a mo. This is assuming no money down or trade. If someone is lucky and gets 1.99% than it’s 958.00 at 84 or 1315.00 at 60 mo.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
At the close of MY22, the base price of a Mach 1, the car itself with zero options, was $55K; this price did not include, delivery, dealer prep or the gas guzzler tax. Add those items to the base price with some inflation and you're north of $60K. Then add sales tax and registration.

ADMs at the moment for a M1 are somewhat common. Many are $5K+. The economy is expected to be softer next year, but many will be clamoring for a first-year car, and, several dealers might be attempting to recover losses/maximize profit. ADMs might still exist.

$60K for a DH? For the car (base), maybe. To buy one, option it and take it home? More like $75K+.

For many, this is not your first rodeo. But if not already thinking of it, consider budgeting for the following, in addition to the above: insurance, PPF and/or ceramic coating, window tint, car cover, Race Ramps, tires/rims/TPMS, battery conditioner, jacking rails, oil separator, clutch assist spring (if manual), additional detailing supplies (the good ones) and any modifications you have ideas for.

Last edited:

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT PP1
At the close of MY22, the base price of a Mach 1, the car itself with zero options, was $55K; this price did not include, delivery, dealer prep or the gas guzzler tax. Add those items to the base price with some inflation and you're north of $60K. Then add sales tax and registration.

ADMs at the moment for a M1 are somewhat common. Many are $5K+. The economy is expected to be softer next year, but many will be clamoring for a first-year car, and, several dealers might be attempting to recover losses/maximize profit. ADMs might still exist.

$60K for a DH? For the car (base), maybe. To buy one, option it and take it home? More like $75K+.

For many, this is not your first rodeo. But if not already thinking of it, consider budgeting for the following, in addition to the above: insurance, PPF and/or ceramic coating, window tint, car cover, Race Ramps, tires/rims/TPMS, battery conditioner, jacking rails, oil separator, clutch assist spring (if manual), additional detailing supplies (the good ones) and any modifications you have ideas for.
I believe/Hope a lot of the driveline suspension mods will carry over from the S550. I hope I can still use my SFI carbon driveshaft, jacking rails and rear subframe braces….key word is hoping 🤷🏼‍♂️

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I believe/Hope a lot of the driveline suspension mods will carry over from the S550. I hope I can still use my SFI carbon driveshaft, jacking rails and rear subframe braces
I started thinking of all the engineering variables; it's not going to be obvious, is it?

Some measurements can be confirmed now, while others remain unknown and yet another variable is how they will be positioned within the structure of the chassis.

SFI, Ford Performance and companies like Steeda might provide some of the soonest insight, but even for them, there won't be answers coming for some time.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT PP1
I started thinking of all the engineering variables; it's not going to be obvious, is it?

Some measurements can be confirmed now, while others remain unknown and yet another variable is how they will be positioned within the structure of the chassis.

SFI, Ford Performance and companies like Steeda might provide some of the soonest insight, but even for them, there won't be answers coming for some time.
That’s why I’m holding off on unloading anything 🤣

Longitude Zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium, 2007 Mustang V6.
I'd say the Dark Horse price as posted is about 10K too low.

TheCur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GT 5.0, 16 C7 2LT, 17 SS 50th 'vert, all sold.
Thank you. I feel like people thought I was nuts for saying 70K ballpark with tax. They just don’t wanna hear that (hell I don’t either).
At 70k+ I'm looking very hard at a Hellcat or ZL1, not a NA V8.

This is right in my price range that I'm looking at spending (~$75k) but I also want the most bang for my buck.

I'm brand agnostic and just love V8's and RWD cars in general.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
In my opinion, if you need a backseat, there is no better value than a used ZL1. If you don't then you're getting into C7 Grand sport territory.

This is right in my price range that I'm looking at spending (~$75k) but I also want the most bang for my buck.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS

Both are excellent options if the Dark Horse doesn’t float your boat. But I wonder if you could add a Whipple to the DH and still keep the price around $75k. I guess we’ll see. :like:

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Both are excellent options if the Dark Horse doesn’t float your boat. But I wonder if you could add a Whipple to the DH and still keep the price around $75k. I guess we’ll see. :like:
I unfortunately have a sickening feeling that a whipple DH is going to put you in the 80’s which does make the vettes and other cars look more attractive at that price range. And it would seem that if another Shelby is in the works the current 500 is going to be a bargain even at the current ADM 😭

PS - this is one of those statements where if someone told me I’m wrong just wait and see and I told you so would be greatly welcomed 🤷🏼‍♂️🥴

TheCur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GT 5.0, 16 C7 2LT, 17 SS 50th 'vert, all sold.
In my opinion, if you need a backseat, there is no better value than a used ZL1. If you don't then you're getting into C7 Grand sport territory.
Had a 16 C7 2LT 7M and it wasn't my cup of tea. Sold it after a couple years. Great car, but just wasn't what I was looking for.

I traded it in for 17 SS 50th vert 6M and I regret trading that one in. (Also previous had 12 GT Premium but MT82 issues made me get the 6R80 and that was a let down)

I'm pretty leery of aftermarket power adders due to warranty considerations, which is why the ZL1 / Hellcat are attractive.

I'm going to wait out this winter, and *really* start looking in the Spring, and hopefully we'll have a lot more info regarding ordering, pricing, etc. Plus the used car market is still fluctuating, especially on the high priced 1-2 year old high HP cars.

S650 Mustang [FAKE NEWS] 2024 Mustang S650 price leak or fake? C7

S650 Mustang [FAKE NEWS] 2024 Mustang S650 price leak or fake? Camaro

S650 Mustang [FAKE NEWS] 2024 Mustang S650 price leak or fake? Mustan

Last edited:

Mustang 810

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP, 2018 Stinger GT2

I hear this. I looked at a new 2022 ZL1 for 73k while Mustang shopping. I prefer the look of the Mustang to the Camaro though. Test drove one Mach 1 that had a dealer markup of 12k onto the 64k msrp. Said nope. I can get a new ZL1 for that price.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I'm pretty leery of aftermarket power adders due to warranty considerations, which is why the ZL1 / Hellcat are attractive.
This could be an interesting side effect of a posssible "locked" ECU. You know the Ford Performance and Roush SC's are warranted. It's possible the Whipple could be too.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.