• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

[FAKE NEWS] 2024 Mustang S650 price leak or fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Going to be a lot of repos in the future with these interest rates.
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I wasn't aware you could get a car finance with a variable rate.
By the time these are ready to be purchased, you'll be buying a 50k GT at 4-5% and that's with excellent credit. Lets not even get started with the 84 month crowd with the $1200 a month payments. This car is quickly moving into the unaffordable category for many.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
By the time these are ready to be purchased, you'll be buying a 50k GT at 4-5% and that's with excellent credit. Lets not even get started with the 84 month crowd with the $1200 a month payments. This car is quickly moving into the unaffordable category for many.
The average car price today is $47k. A V8 Mustang still represents a decent value. Whether or not folks can afford it is a whole other can of beans.

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS
I agree, but that will lead to less purchases, not an increase in repos of currently financed vehicles.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
In my country not many people buy cars on a loan. For me it's very strange that it works differently in the USA. Many people use loans to buy cars. I hate loans and If I can't buy a car without a loan, than I can't afford the car.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
Yeah, I mean it "was" the best value price wise of the muscle cars. If they only add 2-3k to the current price it still may not be bad. But if you want the slightly better dark horse trim, it most likely will be getting pretty pricey. Add to that they will be harder to get discounts or special finance rates. One reason I'm not in a hurry trade my 1320 in is because I got the 0% for 72 months again...the only way to go if you can swing it IMO.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Thnx @Decible , was not aware. Haven’t priced one lately. Love the car not the price!!
Yeah, it’s unfortunate…with rates on the rise I’m not sure how this is going to work out for everyone. It’s the same cost as a gt350 and I feel the 350 was a more unique and investment grade car. I’m hoping the DH comes in at the low 60 mark fully loaded but I just don’t see that happening with a Mach fully option already at 70. I’ve never seen a manufacturer go backwards with a new model. It’s highly likely a fully optioned DH at 72+. It’s unfortunate but they are going to be the only ICE muscle car in the game and they will have no problem getting that 🤷🏼‍♂️

With tax, tag, and title you are looking at 74 -77k and at an extreme 84mo 0% interest we are looking at pmnts in the 880+ range monthly and at 3.99% about 1025.00 ish a mo. This is assuming no money down or trade. If someone is lucky and gets 1.99% than it’s 958.00 at 84 or 1315.00 at 60 mo.

Last edited:

Mustang 810

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP, 2018 Stinger GT2
Yeah I can easily see a 2023 Mustang V8 selling for 65-70k if the current new car prices stay. I just bought a 22 Mustang GT with performance pack for 59k before taxes. I didn’t even get leather seats, digital dash. In this market who knows. Mach 1s around me are 70k.

A year ago I priced a 2021 GT Premium at 50k with no performance pack. I wish I had bought then but I wasn’t ready. Prices have went way up. I know I basically paid a 5-7k markup on my current car. My msrp sticker was 53k. But I didn’t want to wait.

Last edited:

BreadBurner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Yeah I can easily see a 2023 Mustang V8 selling for 65-70k if the current new car prices stay. I just bought a 22 Mustang GT with performance pack for 59k before taxes. I didn’t even get leather seats, digital dash. In this market who knows. Mach 1s around me are 70k.

A year ago I priced a 2021 GT Premium at 50k with no performance pack. I wish I had bought then but I wasn’t ready. Prices have went way up. I know I basically paid a 5-7k markup on my current car. My msrp sticker was 53k. But I didn’t want to wait.
What options did you get? I was pricing around 57k with a Manual GT Premium w/ the Performance Pack, 401A, Magenride, and Active Exhaust on the Ford builder.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
thePill was informed and reported on M7G that the word was the GT would start at $44,995. However, as information began to leak, we were beginning to hear the base GT’s MSRP increase was targeting between 5% and 7%, which would place an entry level GT around $37,805.

The $44,995 number was very consistent but even then, thePill sees a Premium around $42,000 IF the base can stay under a 7% increase.

We may see base model 2.3’s absorb more MSRP increases to relieve the GT’s price hike. Ford will do everything they can to keep a base GT under $40k but with all the recent MSRP talk, let’s hope $44,995 is a Performance Premium.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
This is all before dealership mark ups of course boys.
With interest rates continuing to rocket upwards , the auto sector is about to get hit pretty hard. Housing and auto sales are typically the first to feel the pinch of rate hikes and both already feeling those effects (and more hikes are still coming). ADMs are going to disappear just as fast as they appeared. Of course, dealers will hold out longer on specialty cars, but sooner or later, they will be looking for volume and they will start dealing there too.

Going to be a lot of repos in the future with these interest rates.
Yup. Given that we have had well over a decade of low interest and low inflation, there are a lot of younger buyers out there who have never felt the pinch of a real recession and a run of high inflation. I suspect that it will come as a shock to a lot of folks who have extended themselves during those easy money years and are now struggling with too much month at end of the paycheck.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.