• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

[FAKE NEWS] 2024 Mustang S650 price leak or fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Rumor is Ford targeting $49,995 for the Dark Horse…

Media has it…
The base price of a 2022 Mach 1 in early 2022 was $55,000. Ford's web site currently lists a 2022 Mach 1 base price of $56,250.

It's difficult to see how a 2024 DH could be at least $6,250 cheaper. From inflation alone, the car should be more expensive still.
Sponsored

Last edited:

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
If y’all stopped watching stangmode, he would become irrelevant. He’s so cringe. I’ll be happily proven wrong but please tell me why in the heck would they start a more capable, new trim, of a new gen, at 10K under its closest predecessor(Mach)??
Dub, allocating money to lessons and seat time over a wheel weight reduction is a fantastic and humble idea.
Yeah, no kidding. I think they look really awesome and I could swing it, but I think I'd rather put the 12k toward some track lessons and track time.

I heard this on StangMode's channel the other day as well. That would be cool, but I have a Reeeeally hard time believing this number. Add another 10k for the base DH and I believe it.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
If y’all stopped watching stangmode, he would become irrelevant. He’s so cringe. I’ll be happily proven wrong but please tell me why in the heck would they start a more capable, new trim, of a new gen, at 10K under its closest predecessor(Mach)??
Dub, allocating money to lessons and seat time over a wheel weight reduction is a fantastic and humble idea.
That channel encompasses everything I hate about car tubers

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
The last thing ima say about it. He had no place on that stage next to a plant worker who’s family also had a history with the company. That was ford trying to capture/gain exposure through that segment. Unfortunately, it apparently worked seeing how many people have mentioned his channel on here.

FWIW, I’m not a grumpy old man. Just a 33 year old annoyed with society 😂. I 100% agree with your comment.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
The last thing ima say about it. He had no place on that stage next to a plant worker who’s family also had a history with the company. That was ford trying to capture/gain exposure through that segment. Unfortunately, it apparently worked seeing how many people have mentioned his channel on here.

FWIW, I’m not a grumpy old man. Just a 33 year old annoyed with society 😂. I 100% agree with your comment.
Just wanted to state I knew who he was before that, and didn't and don't watch his channel or any channels regularly....but the clickbait got me when it said there was info on pricing. I watched it, don't think it's accurate, now back to not watching his channel, or any others really 😀 I get most of my info from this site.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
agreed, him and Zander13 are the worst, and right up there are all the other "give the video a lie of a title and thumbnail then pad the video with irrelevant stuff to 10 to 20 mins while the actual content is 10 to 20 seconds long" content creators

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
agreed, him and Zander13 are the worst, and right up there are all the other "give the video a lie of a title and thumbnail then pad the video with irrelevant stuff to 10 to 20 mins while the actual content is 10 to 20 seconds long" content creators
Couldn’t have summed them up better myself 🤮

300C Hemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300C, Mustang GT, Ford Edge Sport
These prices seem high. At least I hope so.

With 2020 pricing (rounded)
$28,000 - 35.000 for the base Ecoboost
$33,000 - 40.000 for the Premium Ecoboost
$38,000 - 45.000 for the GT
$43,000 - 50.000 for the GT Premium
$56,000/$58,4000 (Mach 1) - 60.000 for the Dark Horse

300C Hemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately. Prices will have to increase like everything else with our crazy inflation rate. The other issue is higher finance rates. Considering the expenses of developing the new Gen 4 Coyote. Improved suspension including Magna ride and the 21st century interior with loads of electronics and improved interior materials. Frankly I'm concerned the MSRP may actually end up higher. Now there's only two US performances models that offer a V8 engine as Stellantis/Dodge stopped performance Hemi production while charging up to $100,000 for a decal packages on their Chargers and Challengers final 2023 Additions. The Ford Mustang. GT, GT performance and Dark Horse with Chevy offering the C8 and expensive Z06 if you can find one. I believe the V8 Mustang will likely continue through model year 2026. Having actually seen the S650 GT performance and Dark Horse. These new S650 Mustangs are amazing with pictures not doing them justice.

300C Hemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If a base GT is 45k I might as well just keep my 2015 and put a supercharger on it or something.
I understand your thoughts regarding keeping your current Mustang and adding performance. I drive a purchased new 2018 modded Chrysler 300C Hemi used for business and some weekend bracket racing. After seeing the actual S650 GT performance and Dark Horse in Detroit. These Mustangs are amazing especially when seeing them in person and not just in photos. Unless the pricing listed are terribly wrong. I will replace my 300C with either a GT performance or Dark Horse. I currently own a purchased new 2017 Escape Titanium AWD for winter use, and my wife purchased new a 2017 Edge Sport. I'm not ready to own an EV and my Ford's have been outstanding vehicles. The Escape will become my business vehicle and the Mustang for summer use and possibly some track days both strip and track.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
The Ford Mustang. GT, GT performance and Dark Horse with Chevy offering the C8 and expensive Z06 if you can find one. I believe the V8 Mustang will likely continue through model year 2026. Having actually seen the S650 GT performance and Dark Horse. These new S650 Mustangs are amazing with pictures not doing them justice.
Are you saying the Ford will not produce a V8 Mustang being 2026? lol that’s an extremely short lifespan. I’m pretty certain Ford wouldn’t release an “all new Mustang” just to sell it for three years.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Are you saying the Ford will not produce a V8 Mustang being 2026? lol that’s an extremely short lifespan. I’m pretty certain Ford wouldn’t release an “all new Mustang” just to sell it for three years.
About to dump my 401k and investment accounts and put them into Mustang orders. Used market's gonna be lit.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Not to worry. The Coyote will continue for some time In the S650. Now the S750? We will need to wait and see.

300C Hemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Government just announced 49 mpg Cafe regulations which will likely now give Ford through model year 2029 to continue with the 5.0 Coyote. I'm guessing between now and then. There may be hybrid power plants along with EV options added to the Mustang S650. The new Mustang will continue long after the V8 engine is gone. This new announcement extends the time table regarding Ford to move slower into alternative engine options. It seems the government can't decide on the final mpg numbers. One item mentioned was cars falling below the government mpg numbers will likely have an additional price added to the price tag to pay for the excess fuel usage. Similar to the current gas Gussler tax added to vehicles like the GT500, and discontinued SRT hemi. Model year 2026 was the target before this change. Another advantage is the Ford gen 4 Coyote is a cleaner running engine.
Just announced. U.S. to unveil revised stricter fuel economy regulations on Friday
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.