• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

[FAKE NEWS] 2024 Mustang S650 price leak or fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
I've already priced a M240i xDrive, loaded to my spec and it comes it at $57K. I really want a new GT Performance, but AWD is looking better all the time.
Sponsored

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I've already priced a M240i xDrive
I wanna know what is wrong witih BMW that they refuse to offer stick shift across the entire line-up. Charge $3000 if you want, but OFFER IT!

All this bull-hocky over only DCT or slushbox, is disgraceful. "driving excitement" my butt.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I've already priced a M240i xDrive, loaded to my spec and it comes it at $57K. I really want a new GT Performance, but AWD is looking better all the time.
Tough sell for a short wheelbase M-lite that's pushing $60k imo. :|

I wanna know what is wrong witih BMW that they refuse to offer stick shift across the entire line-up. Charge $3000 if you want, but OFFER IT!

All this bull-hocky over only DCT or slushbox, is disgraceful. "driving excitement" my butt.
If it makes you feel any better, BMW has extremely mediocre manual transmissions for the past 15+ years.

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Chevy Silverado
If it makes you feel any better, BMW has extremely mediocre manual transmissions for the past 15+ years.
Where would it rank compared to the mustangs? I personally though the MT-82 was a dream compared the setup in my Mazdaspeed (horrible 1st to 2nd lockout). The MT in the BMW supra is apparently not great to reviewers. I just do not have a lot of experience with non FWD manuals.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Where would it rank compared to the mustangs? I personally though the MT-82 was a dream compared the setup in my Mazdaspeed (horrible 1st to 2nd lockout). The MT in the BMW supra is apparently not great to reviewers. I just do not have a lot of experience with non FWD manuals.
For whatever reason almost every BMW manual I've dealt with has the exact same characteristics: longer throws, rubbery gates, shit clutch, weird delay that makes engagement more difficult to manage.

The MT82 is acceptably mediocre for casual driving, with decent gate accuracy and lightweight, moderate-length throws, but the clutch is trash (a higher grade of trash than anything in a BMW) and the lockout issues are awful when RPMs and quick shifting get involved. Not to mention the weird drivetrain slop when selecting gears.

I'd rate them both about the same but with their own separate pros and cons.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
corvette lacks 2 seats and a stick. different market segment.
I think the same people are interested in both cars. I personally am no longer interested in buying a new 'vette due to the lack of a manual trans, but I think there are a lot of Mustang buyers who purchase automatics or DCT equipped Mustangs. Many of those people are still interested in Corvette.

I owned a C5 Corvette for a while. I really loved the chassis. If I had fit in it a little better I would have tried to fix the things I didn't like rather than going back to Mustangs. I like the Mustang engines a lot, but the chassis is a bit of a hot mess. I know at least a few people on these forums that have owned both cars. I'm not sure if that means the cars are the same market, but I think it does.

I really liked the one I drove. It was in a crappy sedan, because at the time my local dealer didn't have a manual equipped M car, but I thought it was quite good.

I think the MT-82 is a good transmission for street driving. The version made from 2015 through 2017 is the one I'm talking about. Other years of the MT-82 vary widely from complete garbage to barely acceptable. Ford's shifter isn't very good, but the transmission itself is fine (just in those years though).

I haven't owned a BMW, but I thought initial feel of the transmission in a test drive was good. Not Porsche level precise, but a lot more precise feeling than the Ford shifter/transmission in Mustangs. I do agree with Oppolock that the throws are a bit longer than the MT-82, but overall I really liked the one I drove.

Podsadka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EcoBoost
I’ve been a diehard Mustang person but the thought of “locking” the manual transmission behind a $40k base price is absurd, even to me.

Especially for people who lease (and GTs do not lease well!), this is going to be asking $700-800 a month for the privilege of a manual Mustang. Today you can get a nicely equipped EB manual for closer to $500/mo.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
I know at least a few people on these forums that have owned both cars. I'm not sure if that means the cars are the same market, but I think it does.
middle weight 2 seater focused sports car
heavier 4 seater more versatile grand tourer

overlapping interests across market segments doesn't make them the same thing.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
middle weight 2 seater focused sports car
heavier 4 seater more versatile grand tourer

overlapping interests across market segments doesn't make them the same thing.
Agree that they are not the same thing, but the market of sports car buyers includes some people that may buy either.

GM did decide to exclude all the manual transmission sports car buyers. This was only about 20 percent of Corvette buyers IIRC, but I think it's about 50 percent of Mustang buyers. So the markets somewhat overlap, but they aren't at all identical.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

M2 comes with a stick now. So does the base M3 and M4.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I wonder how much the carbon fiber wheels will be on the DH. 10k? 13k? The CFTP is 18,500 on the GT500, but is more than just the wheels.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
If you gotta ask, ya can't afford it. Kidding, but not really. The GT350R CF wheels were +$12,000 if I recall.

I wonder how much the carbon fiber wheels will be on the DH. 10k? 13k? The CFTP is 18,500 on the GT500, but is more than just the wheels.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Not for me. AWD is always welcome and with a light tune these things can push 450hp. Wouldn't doubt that the factory underrates the power a bit as well to keep it behind the M on paper.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
If you gotta ask, ya can't afford it. Kidding, but not really. The GT350R CF wheels were +$12,000 if I recall.
Yeah, no kidding. I think they look really awesome and I could swing it, but I think I'd rather put the 12k toward some track lessons and track time.
Rumor is Ford targeting $49,995 for the Dark Horse…

Media has it…
I heard this on StangMode's channel the other day as well. That would be cool, but I have a Reeeeally hard time believing this number. Add another 10k for the base DH and I believe it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.