• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

[FAKE NEWS] 2024 Mustang S650 price leak or fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
That is crazy expensive for a NA car. If it was supercharged maybe.
that's kind of a ridiculous complaint. vettes start at 60K and are NA.
honestly they didn't need to change a thing on the coyote, the gen 3 is insanely good.
that 4th gen coyote is going to be something to behold, i love the twin TB's.
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I wouldn't even consider paying the estimates I'm seeing in this thread. I would feel like a total sucker.

I'll wait for the coming crash and see what happens to used car prices after that.
First year pricing for new models is always the most aggressive, but I really wouldn't be surprised to see large incremental year over year pricing bumps with different equipment bundling to keep things in-line with inflation. Good guess is anywhere between current pricing and what I listed earlier.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
First year pricing for new models is always the most aggressive, but I really wouldn't be surprised to see large incremental year over year pricing bumps with different equipment bundling to keep things in-line with inflation. Good guess is anywhere between current pricing and what I listed earlier.
I expect that you are correct. My desire for something new hasn't kept up with inflation. Way too much money - poor value IMO.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I expect that you are correct. My desire for something new hasn't kept up with inflation. Way too much money - poor value IMO.
Agreed. Honestly been eyeing GR86s for the past six months and would still pull the trigger on one if I could find the exact color and spec I wanted at MSRP.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Agreed. Honestly been eyeing GR86s for the past six months and would still pull the trigger on one if I could find the exact color and spec I wanted at MSRP.
I love mine. The gray color is meh and I would have chosen different options, but the car is great in my opinion. It's the closest I've owned to a replacement of my old 944.

raptor5244

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
It's not that I expected less, I just think that's a hard sell for some folks.

Being brand agnostic, and not just wanting a Mustang, even a new model one, that's ZL1 money and feels like getting close to non-widebody Hellcat money, both of which are "more" car for similar money (obviously all dependent upon selected options). At $5k price difference, I probably would exclude the Mustang. At $10k difference, I'm definitely interested.

I realize on forums like this I'm in the minority, however.
True, but the Hellcat and Camaro platforms will be around 10 years old pretty soon. The Camaro visibility issue will still remain and the interior is already starting to feel dated. The Hellcat will still be the heavy muscle car with lackluster handling. The biggest issue will be that these relatively expensive supercharged muscle cars will be running out of warranty coverage. Don't get me wrong they are great cars but spending $60-$80k for used examples may not be be a bit much. Then you have to consider how folks will react to the upcoming EV. I realize most will not want to give up the drama associated with driving a V8 but once they start releasing the performance specs of these upcoming EVs you may see a certain percentage chase the stats vs. the driving experience.

I think the Mustang will gain even more fans since Ford is showing their commitment to the Mustang with a manual, while the others go extinct. The aftermarket should remain strong as well.

I just wish they would stick a Tremec in the GT. They should just charge a few more bucks for the GTs with MT since 99% of enthusiasts would be happy to pay for it.

TheCur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wild Cherry Tintcoat ZL1 M6
True, but the Hellcat and Camaro platforms will be around 10 years old pretty soon. The Camaro visibility issue will still remain and the interior is already starting to feel dated. The Hellcat will still be the heavy muscle car with lackluster handling. The biggest issue will be that these relatively expensive supercharged muscle cars will be running out of warranty coverage. Don't get me wrong they are great cars but spending $60-$80k for used examples may not be be a bit much. Then you have to consider how folks will react to the upcoming EV. I realize most will not want to give up the drama associated with driving a V8 but once they start releasing the performance specs of these upcoming EVs you may see a certain percentage chase the stats vs. the driving experience.

I think the Mustang will gain even more fans since Ford is showing their commitment to the Mustang with a manual, while the others go extinct. The aftermarket should remain strong as well.

I just wish they would stick a Tremec in the GT. They should just charge a few more bucks for the GTs with MT since 99% of enthusiasts would be happy to pay for it.
I'm ok with the interiors, though I will say having the "latest" in a new Dark Horse would be pretty cool. I am "older", 52, but I'm an EE so I do love tech. I'm neutral on the dash. I like digital dashboards a lot, but agree that it could have been integrated much more cleanly. I had that "tacked on" look for the screen in my Audi and, 'meh'. The interior of the Camaro... I do agree with, it is... functional. Dodge's UConnect stood out to me, too. Great UX. The seats in the Camaro however, are really pretty good (non Recaro), which I found shocking because they have no lumbar adjustment, and I have a bad back (USN days). But nope, I drove to KY and SC a couple times (from NH/MA border) and it was as comfy as my Audi A7. The C7's were the tightest, and the Dodge's were the loosest, but I've read they get better as they break in.

Handling? For me, all 3 cars would probably handle within my limits, but guys who track (or get stuck on paper racing! :wink: ) I understand wanting the "best". My "next" car would be driven as a spirited GT car, think on/off-ramps and backroads, and will never see the track. So if it can only pull 0.95g vs. 1.05g in the 'best thing', tbh, I don't care.

As someone who drove a '17 Camaro for nearly 3 years and am pretty unbiased, as I'm a "car guy" above all else, and not a "Ford/Chevy/Mopar/whatever guy", the "can't see out of it" issue is so completely overblown it's ridiculous. Literally, to combat it.... adjust your mirrors correctly, and be able to turn your head. 🤷‍♂️

The Camaro does have the issue that all cars with a big B/C pillars have, that merging with traffic from an oblique angle from the passenger side can be a pain. Never drove a Challenger for any length of time but I'll assume it's the same, as my '12 Mustang had it, my '16 C7 had it, and my Camaro had it. Looking "up" out the windshield (pulling up to overhead red lights) the Challenger, being the highest up, and most vertical windshield, felt the best to me, with the C7 the worst, but all of them quite livable.

It is harder to see out of a C7 than a gen6 Camaro, but you never hear that because "Corvette". That always bugged me.

I hear you about the prices of used FI V8 cars right now... I've worked hard enough to be able to enjoy one, but going above $70k does give me pause right now. There are rougly 65 manual 2023 ZL1's for sale right now, and I think maybe a handful of them are at MSRP. The rest have $5-10k markups, or "Call for Pricing". Anything that is 1-2 years old <10k miles is also sitting in that low to mid $70k, too. I'd probably be pretty happy with "just" a 455-500hp car as I would a 650-717hp car, but those big numbers just tickle the 12 year old in me.

Agree about the Tremec. Both the Camaro and the C7 had the Tremec, and it's a great stick. I don't remember what the Dodge used, but I remember it feels kind of mushy (Dodge guys say put a Barton in it), but I also test drove while considering selling my C7, which had an aftermarket MGW shifter it (cannot be overstated how great they were) I think after the early MT82 "issues" people who did their research / upgrading to a newer MY would happily pay the additional up-cost to go with something seen almost universally as "better" and more reliable. I think it is a missed opportunity, too.

I'm not going to seriously start shopping until mid-Spring, so hopefully the used car market will cool a bit, and maybe we can see some dealers going back to sub-MSRP / MSRP deals. Fingers crossed.

Either way I'm pretty excited to see what Ford is doing especially with Dodge's recent announcements and the very uncertain (non) news about the 2024 Camaro. Seems like in a short couple years they could own the market... not sure I like that idea. Can make a company stagnant and lazy when they don't have to fight the competition.

Holy crap, I just wrote a book... damn!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
that's kind of a ridiculous complaint. vettes start at 60K and are NA.
honestly they didn't need to change a thing on the coyote, the gen 3 is insanely good.
that 4th gen coyote is going to be something to behold, i love the twin TB's.
Corvettes are all aluminum bodies, two seaters and mid engine for 60k. Mustang is steel body 4 seater front engine with a poor weight balance. If you aren't a manual transmission person or really tall, the reasons to choose a 60K Mustang over the Corvette are few. But I'm guessing the Corvette's price is going to shoot up as well.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Corvettes are all aluminum bodies, two seaters and mid engine for 60k. Mustang is steel body 4 seater front engine with a poor weight balance. If you aren't a manual transmission person or really tall, the reasons to choose a 60K Mustang over the Corvette are few. But I'm guessing the Corvette's price is going to shoot up as well.
corvette lacks 2 seats and a stick. different market segment.

Sean_22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
By the time these are ready to be purchased, you'll be buying a 50k GT at 4-5% and that's with excellent credit. Lets not even get started with the 84 month crowd with the $1200 a month payments. This car is quickly moving into the unaffordable category for many.
I don't like the sound of that! 😄

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
In my opinion, if you need a backseat, there is no better value than a used ZL1.
ZL1 rear set is even more worthless the one in the S550. You want a 2016 SS (proper 4 door) or a Caddy V-series Blackwing.

TheCur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wild Cherry Tintcoat ZL1 M6
ZL1 rear set is even more worthless the one in the S550. You want a 2016 SS (proper 4 door) or a Caddy V-series Blackwing.
Yeah Camaro "back" seats are a poor shelf. Just get a delete kit and at least get some proper storage space out of it.

Local big Chevy dealer has a 22 CT4-V BW on their lot and I had them fire it up for me. It ticks a LOT of the right boxes but the sound was... disappointing to say the least. CT5-V BW is out of my price range, sadly.

Tremec TR6060 same as Chevy. The linkage however is a bit floppy'er than it should be.
Thanks, and 100% agree. Although I hear a Barton makes it's great. I put a MGW shifter in my C7 and it kind of ruined my expectations of all major mfg manual shifters, it was just that good. They are all sub-par out of the gate. I was gutted when MGW gave up trying to make one for the gen6 Camaros.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
The camaro backseat is definitely tighter than the S550. That being said, I'm 6'1 and my son can fit behind me in a forward facing seat.

There is no getting a rear facing seat behind me though. I'll agree a manual chevy SS is a fantastic choice for need of 4 doors and still fun. Easily mod that LS3 to the moon.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.