• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
The space between the vent and the headlight is MASSSIVE. Looks awkward.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
May I remind you that basically everyone said the exact same thing about the 2018s, and the 2015 when it first came out, and the 2010 before that. The only time I can recall a mustang design being universally loved immediately was the '05. I'm sure even that design had haters I'm not aware of.
Still not feeling teh 18 refresh - the headlights kill it. Just my 2 cents though.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kev
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
A few additional impressions, I'm digging the headlights, wish they were stretched out a bit more horizontally. The grill is a little derivative, but they're clearly responding to the people who liked the s550 design, but wanted to see something a little blockier/more muscular. The lower portion also looks more agressive than the base Ecoboost. Overall, it's already growing on me. I think a mustang design that takes the best elements of the last few mustang generations while avoiding the current trends of being overly agressive with a massive grille is a good thing.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
(shrugs) Controversial take, I like this front end better than the 2015-2017s, but not more than the current models. It's growing on me, but right now it doesn't "WOW!" me like the facelift did.

That said, the waiting game continues...😒

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
The rear hips look big, which I like. Do they look bigger than the current model to anyone else?

StangGang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Mustang, 2020 GT
I believe someone said the EB models and GT models would look slightly different other than badges so that people could actually tell the difference.

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
'96 Mustang GT, '73 El Camino, '12 Mazdaspeed3
Doesn’t look bad. I remember seeing the s550 front end leak the first time and having a similar feeling (underwhelmed) but it grew on me. With that said, I do wish it was a little bolder but I do like the headlights. Way better than the current ugly ones.

Shelbeast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Edge ST, and MME-GT ordered
I believe someone said the EB models and GT models would look slightly different other than badges so that people could actually tell the difference.
Interesting take. I went from 2015 GT to 2016 350 to 2020 500. The Special Editions always looks way better.

emrah

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emrah
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018, Audi A8L 2019
I don’t know what I’m feeling. The only thing that I’m sure is that this design hasn’t got anything special…
Still, I am waiting for the GT model as I believe this is the basic model... But tbh, this one now is growing on me!!!

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The front bumper is almost completely gone!!! I’m telling ‘ya, it will look A LOT like the leaked CAD design in 2015. The hood will conceal the top of the grill and we will get more hood overhang in the S650.
It will probably appear much more athletic than the S550 with lots of “new edges”. 😉

BAA50165-84B2-441A-A1D8-B7FCE224EAAD.jpeg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Farley sure as hell wasn't thinking a base EB would be poster worthy
there isn't a spic of difference between an EB and GT S550 side by side. They are identical in every way except the thingy that makes power and noise.

The top grill is WAAAAY too big. Though the Gundam look would look many times worse if they down-sized it because the acres of blocky plastic would be atrocious.

Talk about 'truckification' is right. good god what a horrendous shape. If you're gonna persist in this gigantic vent surround then the hood MUST close so that is rests directly on the surround - zero (or extremely thin) gap.

The design team lost all grasp on PROPORTIONALITY. I want the marketing exec who called for an even bigger grill, literally hanged out front from the flag pole.

People used to joke about the BMW becoming just 2 grills. It's not something to emulate.

Last edited:

KingGoblin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
2019 Nissan Murano
The plastic around the grill almost seems like an afterthought, so I tried to take it out. My photo skills are pretty poor, so you can still see the stitching, though.

Mustang_Grill.png

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kev
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
The plastic around the grill almost seems like an afterthought, so I tried to take it out. My photo skills are pretty poor, so you can still see the stitching, though.

Mustang_Grill.png
I don't see any plastic, if you're talking about that blocky character line going around the grille, it looks like metal.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kev
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
there isn't a spic of difference between an EB and GT S550 side by side. They are identical in every way except the thingy that makes power and noise.

The top grill is WAAAAY too big. Though the Gundam look would look many times worse if they down-sized it because the acres of blocky plastic would be atrocious.

Talk about 'truckification' is right. good god what a horrendous shape. If you're gonna persist in this gigantic vent surround then the hood MUST close so that is rests directly on the surround - zero (or extremely thin) gap.
Bro, the grille is about the same size as the current grille, maybe even smaller.