• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Don't know what cred you have, but spouting this as s650 ? You are either completely uninformed or way late for April 1st
I'll save you the time and effort from perusing various forums and threads.
History has a funny way of repeating itself.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
You'll need to do better than that, Pill, this image was first shown on the Roush Performance Facebook page on 18th October 2019 ;)

That is the image from the Roush next Gen job hire. I expect the lines and edges to be much clearer like the cover exposes too. It is also strange that the cover is longer than the car underneath but maybe a 2015 under a 2018 tarp? 🤣 A placeholder until Roush gets an actual car?

I know how old the image is, I still think we are getting a lean S550 and it would be hilarious if this was it all along. 😂 Just as the front bumper was bound to vanish, as long as we are staying on a 107 WB, we kind know what we are getting.

Super embarrassing for those that have been promising an SUV based platform. If I wasn’t positive about the wheelbase and design I wouldn’t have been so persistent on the details…… for nearly a decade. 😂😂

Ford has shown a few “profile” concepts and it wouldn’t surprise me if Roush was in on it. They are within immediate vicinity ‘ya know. 😉 I think A LOT of sensitive Sally’s will just be sensitive no matter what. 😂 I still find it very strange that the car doesn’t fit the car cover but then again, it was used for Next Gen hiring it might just be a canned image.

The original design language for the S650 leaked in November 2012. It wouldn’t surprise me if the CAD we’ve been seeing for electric Mustangs will eventually be production.

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I'll save you the time and effort from perusing various forums and threads.
History has a funny way of repeating itself.
🤣🤣🤣…as we are introduced to a 107.1 inch wheelbase S650. The sound of members crapping themselves when it didn’t end up being an SUV. 😂😂😂 Or the GT350 would be done in 2017… 😂

Just relax, the S550 was incredible and you better pray the S650 is too.Ae simply won’t have places like this to discuss the future because too many butts were hurt during discussion. 😂

Motorsport… that’s the keyword. As soon as it’s not, we are done here.

OP
OP

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
🤣🤣🤣…as we are introduced to a 107.1 inch wheelbase S650. The sound of members crapping themselves when it didn’t end up being an SUV. 😂😂😂 Or the GT350 would be done in 2017… 😂

Just relax, the S550 was incredible and you better pray the S650 is too.Ae simply won’t have places like this to discuss the future because too many butts were hurt during discussion. 😂

Motorsport… that’s the keyword. As soon as it’s not, we are done here.
My quote you replied to has absolutely ZERO to do with the Mustang.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
My quote you replied to has absolutely ZERO to do with the Mustang.
You are aware that a gas powered, rear drive V8 would benefit from a large grill area right? You do understand the relationship between combustion and the need to put the fire out right? A large gap in the front of the vehicle IS NOT a design choice, it’s bad for aerodynamics and sports cars typically get rid of them…

Until the Mustang only comes with a battery, I expect the grill to continue to grow and engineers will continue to find ways to force air into the grill. 😉 Nothing has changed…

OP
OP

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
You are aware that a gas powered, rear drive V8 would benefit from a large grill area right? You do understand the relationship between combustion and the need to put the fire out right? A large gap in the front of the vehicle IS NOT a design choice, it’s bad for aerodynamics and sports cars typically get rid of them…

Until the Mustang only comes with a battery, I expect the grill to continue to grow and engineers will continue to find ways to force air into the grill. 😉 Nothing has changed…
You really aren't understanding me.
I'll say again, my quote had nothing to do with the Mustang.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
A large gap in the front of the vehicle IS NOT a design choice
of course it is. your own statement that "sports cars get rid of them" belies the need for a big grill. proper performance designs don't use large grills because they bothered to duct the radiator complex CORRECTLY. The Mustang with a big-gaping mouth is actually harmful to cooling effectiveness.

maybe you know how to draw pretty pictures, but leave the engineering to those who know what they are talking about.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kev
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
of course it is. your own statement that "sports cars get rid of them" belies the need for a big grill. proper performance designs don't use large grills because they bothered to duct the radiator complex CORRECTLY. The Mustang with a big-gaping mouth is actually harmful to cooling effectiveness.

maybe you know how to draw pretty pictures, but leave the engineering to those who know what they are talking about.
As an aspiring car designer, you're right. You can see where a lot of these larger grilles have many areas blocked off. Larger grilles are mostly a styling choice these days. Makes me wonder what will happen as evs become more popular and relying on ICE styling elements isn't really an option. I predict more expressive character lines, lighting, contrasting panels, and more pronounced surfacing will all take the place of grills to create cool and distinctive front ends without the need for a fake grill being plastered on the front.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550

You don’t get it… Ford is currently looking to fill the sports car void in this field of vehicles. The primary concern for the front engine, rear drive in developed was cooling in order to legitimately compete in this class. I don’t care what a “designer” thinks about vehicle development. It needs to work and that’s the issue when it’s form over function.

If Ford doesn’t keep the GT or make a crazy new Thunderbird to compete, I expect a very special Mustang to take its place. Besides, a “designer” should understand what a grill plate on an OEM vehicle does. 😂 A larger grill isn’t just about an open grill and if it wasn’t an issue, Ford surely won’t be marketing any cooling improvements. 🤣

416DC8D8-8D3B-4631-AF35-D0EDB3BF527D.png