• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What Should Come Standard Across All Mustangs Going Forward?

Hillsndale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP Magneride Magnetic
Since the current model's normal drive mode IS AN ECO MODE, I would like a true normal mode.

I hate the (A-10) skip shifts. Normal mode shift pattern and shift aggresiveness should be in between ECO and Sport with no skipping gears.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed>GT PP2 >RXCAIL2
Besides safety tech and a minimum 8" touchscreen/infotainment, at the moment I can't think of anything that isn't technically considered a luxury/option at this time. It probably doesn't help that I just woke up a short while ago, even after considering making this thread since last night.

What I'd like to see
360-degree cameras and/or dashcam
Active Exhaust (if the traditional Mustang eventually goes full EV, this could become "Synthesized Engine Soundtrack" for those who'd prefer not to drive in complete silence)
Spare tire AND spray tire repair kit
Enhanced Security Package
Selectable drive modes (maybe add an Eco mode? 😝)

What would be nice to have, but can't see coming as standard
Ambient color
Nice surround sound system
Ala carte exterior/interior/trim colors (within reason)
Active suspension on non-performance-focused Mustangs (would they stick with calling it MagneRide?)
Dual or tri-zone A/C
Drive modes/exhaust modes selectable from the steering wheel
Heated/Ventilated seats, even on cloth seats

"Old School" equipment I'd keep standard
Side mirrors with integrated blind spot mirror
Manual control seats (I like my electric seats, but are they essential for a standard Mustang?)
Analog gauges
All-Season tires

I may add more to this list later if this thread picks up steam. We'll see.

(Kind of random thought, if the Mustang got suicide doors like older trucks got before four full-sized doors became the standard, would it technically be no longer classified as a coupe/sports car?)

None of the above, need all that help to drive stay at home .

Hillsndale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP Magneride Magnetic
None of the above, need all that help to drive stay at home .
I would have to agree, keep those packages as options. Some of the Nannytec regulations coming out in Europe sound like a push to force autonomous cars on folks.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Maybe this question is better asked in the 6G forums, but is the Tremec an easier transmission to learn how to drive manual as basically a newcomer than the MT-82? Or could it be that my leg(s) is too short to press the clutch pedal all the way down from my optimal seating position?

I would think having the Tremec as the default manual transmission for the entire Mustang lineup would be nice for newcomers and veterans alike.
First, comfort comes second to function when operating a motor vehicle. Second, I hate how much that sounds like my dad. Third, in my experience, the MT-82 is the easier one for a new driver to learn on. It tries not to stall and holds revs where they need to be for those that don't quite have timing down yet. The complaints you hear are mostly from the long time veteran manual guys that don't want to adapt to the tech. It is a precise transmission to drive well and in my findings, it works best when either cruising or when you "go like hell".

llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang
Ford started to de-content 2021 Mustangs; e.g. no paddle shifters in Ecoboost base models, no engine cover, etc. Small stuff, but all the same an effort to keep cost down. Just strip out features or include as optional packages to increase bottom line. Why not just include what people want to begin with.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
First, comfort comes second to function when operating a motor vehicle. Second, I hate how much that sounds like my dad. Third, in my experience, the MT-82 is the easier one for a new driver to learn on. It tries not to stall and holds revs where they need to be for those that don't quite have timing down yet.

That's a function of the ECU, not the transmission.

I'd love to see the MT82 bite the dust. Tremec builds waaaay better transmissions. The TR6060 in my Camaro is still going strong 8 years later. The clutch is another story lol.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
That's a function of the ECU, not the transmission.

I'd love to see the MT82 bite the dust. Tremec builds waaaay better transmissions. The TR6060 in my Camaro is still going strong 8 years later. The clutch is another story lol.
I agree the Tremec is better but for learning, in my experiences the MT-82 did seem like it would be easier to learn on. The MT-82 isn't trash. It may suck compared to others when you're on a track or doing the stop light drags living 1/4 mile at a time. For daily driving with some spirited fun here and there, the MT-82 is more than adequate. Unless I got one of the rare good ones lol.

Last edited:

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
At a minimum a better interior and better overall build quality. Very happy with the current car as far as dynamics are concerned. It would also be nice for them to go to some more composite body panels. like the hood and fenders to shave 100lbs off the front of the car.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
If they are going AWD, it would be really nice to have the AWD GT come in at the same weight as the current GT and the RWD, if they have it, be 100-150 pounds lighter. Probably not going to happen if it is on the same platform, but it really would help the Mustang stay competitive.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
Everyone's missing the most important thing: HOOD STRUTS.

It's 2021 and on a car that's easily $50k we're still propping up the hood like pilgrims.
A mustang has to have a prop rod. It's the natural way.

{{{{{{{{{flame suit on}}}}}}}}}}

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Everyone's missing the most important thing: HOOD STRUTS.

It's 2021 and on a car that's easily $50k we're still propping up the hood like pilgrims.
And the trunk pop kit. Its great.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Improvements ???

Heads Up Display - Speed & Navigation relay, and swap places with the 8" Touchscreen & central Dash Air Vents, to place the Screen high on the Dash where you can actually see it !!!

Keep the COYOTE !!!!!

Improve the flimsy Leather Seat quality - too easily permanently stretched and distorted.

Ditch and modernise the Retro-Interior,

Last edited:

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Keep everything as is, but make the large screen standard across all models, then increase the quality of the paint and interior materials and I'd be happy
Sponsored