• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
The more I see, the more it looks a whole lot like an s550 and in another leak, even s197. I would hope they aren’t out of ideas so badly as to go back s gen or two. Hopefully some of the leaks are not representative and the camo is responsible for s550 similarities.

so far, I’m afraid it looks like they are not really engineering much change to the platform and instead are using a lot of polyurethane to make it LOOK like structural elements have changed. But it appears to be just facade.

Really hoping Ford went much further than these leaks suggest.

This is the mustang after all. Not the Camaro, not some distant competitor. This is the American icon love around the world. It needs to not just be good enough. It needs to be great.
The S650 will have zero competitors and therefore can allow itself to be the slightly updated S550 that it's going to be. Same platform, no AWD, no/minor structural changes...
Expect a S550 with upgrated tech/interior and upgrated metal sheet. If you expect some heavy weight loss or other fundamental changes you're going to be disappointed.
Sponsored

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting Dark Horse
The S650 will have zero competitors and therefore can allow itself to be the slightly updated S550 that it's going to be. Same platform, no AWD, no/minor structural changes...
Expect a S550 with upgrated tech/interior and upgrated metal sheet. If you expect some heavy weight loss or other fundamental changes you're going to be disappointed.
I think Ford needs an Hybrid Mustang in Europe right now. They are loosing sells and money with the high taxes.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I think Ford needs an Hybrid Mustang in Europe right now. They are loosing sells and money with the high taxes.
Ford raised the prices for the Mustang so you will pay around 60k-70k€ for a Mustang here (my 2015 GT was 40k€ back then...). I don't think the few hundred bucks taxes more than other sportscars are that important compared to how the base priced exploded

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting Dark Horse
Ford raised the prices for the Mustang so you will pay around 60k-70k€ for a Mustang here (my 2015 GT was 40k€ back then...). I don't think the few hundred bucks taxes more than other sportscars are that important compared to how the base priced exploded
In Spain 60-70k € for a Match 1. GT 50-56k €. Every Mustang pays 14,75% registration tax plus the 21% IVA. If you think about it, these cars are cheap, you are paying 35% whole price in taxes.

In addition to the limitation of units imposed by the European Union for these "polluting" cars.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
In Spain 60-70k € for a Match 1. GT 50-56k €. Every Mustang pays 14,75% registration tax plus the 21% IVA. If you think about it, these cars are cheap, you are paying 35% whole price in taxes.

In addition to the limitation of units imposed by the European Union for these "polluting" cars.
It's too bad you can't get Spain to change those laws. 35% in taxes is outrageous. I'm sure it has a negative impact on the economy.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
A few more snaps from the prototypes testing in Colorado. These were posted on the TFL YouTube account.

S650 spied 3.jpg
I hope these are some ecoboost base wheels, they look really small. Seems like we won't get 20" wheels for Gen 7 again...

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I hope these are some ecoboost base wheels, they look really small. Seems like we won't get 20" wheels for Gen 7 again...
Yeah, that prototype appears to have just twin tail pipes, so likely an Ecoboost.

I suspect you're right though, and 19s will likely be the biggest for most models. There is a 20" wheel that's optional on the S550, so hopefully that will still be the case for S650, although that was never available on any export cars.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
and that’s kind of the problem isn’t it?
Instead of upgrading the mustang to be even better and chasing cars out of its league, ford has a history of resting in its behind when there is no Camaro. Last time this happened, a v6 Hyundai Genesis (before genesis was its own brand) and Nissan v6 z were beating the mustang V8 GT in various performance reviews. That’s just sad.

hopefully there are good things in store
For the engine and suspension yet. Even if the overall look inst truly next gen, there is still hope that the performance will be.

the Mustang should define the segment snd rule it with an iron fist (hoof, whatever…). Not just exist and scrape by the skin of its teeth.

Last edited:

fordmustangnerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
s650 camo:

DA9E5266-6203-42D1-AD2B-90D31965CA59.jpeg

a camo s550 shot for comparison

2D0C8364-7A5F-4660-B683-F9B76A6E8525.png

This was well after it's debut/reveal. The s550's original camo pics were almost 100% identical to the way the camo is on the s650 right now. Hell judging by the hood and front bumper I'm not surprised if this was the GT500 testcar..

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting Dark Horse
It's too bad you can't get Spain to change those laws. 35% in taxes is outrageous. I'm sure it has a negative impact on the economy.
Yes, it is, but you know... we have universal health care...

An electric or Hybrid car has 21% and other benefits. (the government reimburses you 3-5k)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yes, it is, but you know... we have universal health care...

An electric or Hybrid car has 21% and other benefits. (the government reimburses you 3-5k)
You know what they say about getting what you pay for.

The only bad thing about the benefits you get from the government for buying an electric or hybrid is that at the end you own an electric or hybrid.